PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2003, 20:04
TheSeeFarShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it is that the only way the RAF is going to productively tackle recruiting and retention is to make the RAF appealing - that will stop or at least slow down the PVR/NGR/IPP option exodus and solve the recruiting problem for all trades.

It comes down to that quality of life thing again, you know the one, the bit which was missed out of the Study. What benefits are there these days to joining or staying in the RAF. The FRI and the PA spine are just 'incentives' for the few, they don't go anywhere near what is required. Let's just throw a bit (not enough) money at some people and hope for the best. Who worked out how much you can buy a AA's loyalty for??

The problem doesn't stop at aircrew, look at the other trades in the RAF and see that the RAF is going down the pan.

I know we all are well paid (have a look in the appointments section of papers and see what sort of jobs you have to get to match our pay) BUT the quality of life in the Armed Forces must be the overiding factor. Apparently there is a QoL 'manual' knocking around the stations, anybody actually seem it?? I bet it doesn't get even close to what is needed.

At least the Moray council will be happy with all these people with 20K in there pockets. £100,000,000 a year into the local community from ISK and Lossie over the last 5 years.