PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2013, 15:33
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3holelover;
Have I understood the display correctly?
Yessir, that's what the display says and you've understood it correctly.

It has never been my sense that an AoA indication somewhere on the forward panel or screen real estate would have made a difference to the AF447 outcome. As with the FPV, an AoA indication is part of the kit only when its information is understood within its context of high-altitude, high-speed swept-wing flight.

Lonewolf_50;
In Re the original quote,
Originally Posted by Clandestino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac the Knife Wouldn't their Attitude Indicator showing a lot of blue sky given them a clue?
They absorbed roll info all right but just couldn't connect the blue on AH and rapidly winding altimeter with idea they will eventually run out of speed and stall.
I took the use of "winding" to mean the climb, (vice the term, "unwinding" to mean a descent).

The altitude and rate of climb would have been visible on both PFDs.

Clandestino;
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ2
Granted a 5deg pitch up at FL350 won't lead to stalling the airplane, but why destabilize the airplane in the first place?
Have a look at the pitch; it's not consistent with CM2 doing low level UAS drill at high level, but rather as if he were trying to run away at all costs from something he believed was coming from below to get him.
Yes, it's not consistent certainly but merely "mostly in the direction of..." which is inconclusive as to reason and so open only to theory.

The data clearly indicates that in percentage time, the SS was in the NU position most of the time and the left and right elevators were entirely in the NU position throughout the descent:

PJ2

Last edited by PJ2; 6th Mar 2013 at 18:40.