PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2013, 13:51
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clandestino

It might come as news to some that recorders are fitted to help advance aviation safety and are not intended to be used in connection with civil trials. Even using them in criminal cases is not something aviation authorities look favourably upon.
Noted....

However. "Intended" is the backstop for the righteous. Pragmatically, data is data, and is available to whomever can acquire it.

You are a pilot. You by definition deal in reality, not moral judgment.

Therefore....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
This crew, but especially PF Bonin, was not madly pulling on the stick from the loss of A/P, not at all.
I direct your attention to the part of the data that is important, to me, that is the beginning, not the end.

This accident happened in twenty seconds, not four minutes. That is my opinion, and always has been.

Are you accusing BEA of forging the sidestick traces?
That is not necessary. At the loss of Autopilot, with cricket and MASTER CAUTION, the aircraft was showing a loss of 370 feet in altitude, and a NOSE DOWN attitude, accompanied by eight degrees of roll, to the right.

PJ2 has posted, initially, "do nothing", which he has amended to mean, don't be precipitous, or ham handed, to which virtually all transport pilots agree.

Pilot flying input NU and RL, as he should. His inputs to me reflected a residual memory of flying in NORMAL LAW, where his inputs would have been modulated.

Big mistake, and perhaps one that caused the crash, at least partially. The next ten seconds show an acclimation to a new and degraded LAW, and an eventual settling of Roll. The PITCH axis remained in a mode that modulated his inputs, and this may have subconsciously affected his muscle memory, in that he was not sufficiently focused on PITCH.

Ninety nine per cent of the posts in this and the other threads focus on the STALL, or the CLIMB, or the CAPTAIN.

It has been established that no one knows what caused the CLIMB, except to hone in on, Pilot Error.

That is fine by me. You?

Last edited by Lyman; 6th Mar 2013 at 14:07.