PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 6th Mar 2013, 08:16
eshlon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The diff between now and then aeromedic, is the systems of maint are being changed or challenged.

A new era of maint is beginning and it doesn't involve you nor I. Ideally it would involve someone cheaper who carries only the necessary skills.

Not someone trained to the eyeballs on planes we operate or no longer operate, or never operated - earning considerably more than their equivalents at rivals.

There is a mass of dead weight that needs to get cut from RMS Qantas - true. Throwing people overboard will address the issues head on - false.

Ps. Stop f$&king hiring apprentices!!! We don't even have jobs for them now. I don't see how things are gonna change in four years. I'm not sure that they'll be thanking you for giving them a skill that can't be used on anything other than planes - the yield for their hard yards is equivalent to peanuts outside qf. It's hardly a living. Their time is better spent on training on things more mainline like mechanic, sparky, carpenter etc.

Last edited by eshlon; 6th Mar 2013 at 08:20.