PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 6th Mar 2013, 03:57
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putz's

Owen you really don't get it do you? Blind Freddy (sorry PAIN) can see they were different accidents with different outcomes. You need to stop doing a CASA/ ATSBeaker and skimming the surface, put on a miners lamp and dig deep son, below the weeds, the earths crust and into the mantle. That is where a whole new world opens up to ones eyes!

The similarities (again, forget life vs death outcomes) is a systemic issue with the operator, and worse, a lack of regulatory surveillance, risk management on behalf of the regulator, and a lack of regulatory action over matters they did know. Throw in the mix a lack of skilled Inspectors in FNQ, tick n flick audit methodology and complete laziness and you have a causal factor.
Take your James Reason model and as one of the defences add in 'efficient proactive quality regulatory oversight'. Now lets see if all the cheesy holes still come together in one linear trajectory or does the line bounce of a robust piece of defence and hey, an accident is prevented? Sound too simplistic? Damn straight it is.
The families of the Lockhart victims were dudded, pure and simple. The issue won't go away and nor should it until justice is served and the entire saga is properly addressed. Norfolk stinks of Lockhart. It's time for the CASA to search below the icebergs tip. Is it that frigging hard?

And Algie and Co, you will hate this stretch, but go look at the Dryden Ontario crash, which I may add was the catalyst for Canada and ICAO's promulgation and implementation of the holy SMS. No, the Fokker didn't ditch in water nor did it impact a mountain side, but it had all the workings and causal factors similar in nature to Lockhart and Norfolk. You bet, operator issues (many) and of no surprise, Regulator incompetence. Unlike the CASA, Transport Canada was force fed (and correctly so) one helluva poo sandwich, and they changed the system. It still isn't perfect, but they accepted their partial cause and leapt forward, unlike the prehistoric dinosaurs spinning our industry into a bottomless pit of decay.
It is beyond comprehension that on odd occasions CASA will ping an operator for not providing a root cause, not digging down deep into the heart of a problem, yet in the case of Norfolk all parties are willing to undertake a 20 second investigation and say 'its all Dom's fault'!

At least the Senators are looking outside the box, they have sniffed out the blood trail and know that it is leading to a giant smoking hole. I just hope they can engage change before our worst nightmare is realised.
I really hope the FAA don't come back and jam a giant pineapple up Australia's klacker but I fear that the longer this baloney continues the more likely it is that our sphincters will get reamed.
And Dear Anthony, don't worry about our industry, that's ok, you just bury your head in the sand down at Rooty Hill (saw Rodney Rude live there a couple of times, almost as funny as Beaker at the Senate) and you just keep making pony poo comments about BNE's runway construction to deflect the real pressing issues...

'Safe skies used to be Australian skies'

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 6th Mar 2013 at 04:13. Reason: Clearing an outbreak of Algie from my horses trough