PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Black Swan Capital HK
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2013, 01:56
hekokimushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting....

Black Swan Capital, HK, despite its name, it is just a broker that collects all fund platforms products, that sells investment linked products to end users and that's it.

if i can put it in this simple analogy, BS Capital as Park-n-shop, where each fund would be an individual shelved item, as a "value" customer... they give you a personal shopping cart with wheels and a shopping assistant providing their "own" advice. Customers (friends that had used them) jump in and out at ParkNShop, are they adequate to your needs?

as a responsible investor, would you rely solely on somebody informing you what is good or not good without some form of analysis? well... that is not for me to comment either. As the end user, we will never get the first hand info... newsletters can inform me what has already happened and forecast what one thinks is going to happen, probability always come into forecasts right? i doubt anyone gave forecast dates for the Lehman Bro.

Back to grocery, why would one prefer to shop at City Super or Market place rather than ParknShop for your grocery? is it because they are cheaper? or is it because their shelved items are "selected" / "filtered". Same with funds... if you pay the extra 1.5-3% for the good platform when it would provide you a return of 10-20%. Ok... let's say home investing, how much fees are involved in buying / selling and the tax involved per transaction whether one makes a profit or loss? a lot less than 3%?

everything financial related item have statistic figures that you can google. CitySuper is well known in it's grocery market in HKG that is not hard to grasp; In the funds and bonds market in Hong Kong, who is the government statistic figure market leader in this field for investment linked products? well.. again if i tell you, it may probably be non-sense... but you can find out yourself if that is something you want to know.

investing to me is another profession, i wish i was proficient in both flying and investing, but i belong to the average joe blo group, whom isn't a home investor.

Hope you will find your CitySuper soon or Happy self-trading