PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Mar 2013, 23:34
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontius, interesting! However I don't really think it will be worth my time or their time if I decide to go ahead with the process the way things stand. I'm pretty sure I will get told the same thing (not enough group activities).

It's a shame though. I love flying, I love gliding and I am absolutely addicted to aerobatics. I've also spent a huge part of my life reading/ learning about air combat and aviation/ history to an extent that no other 21 year old that I have met so far, has. I know a few people from the UAS and I can not see even 30% of the sort of desire that I possess. Actually I never got accepted to the UAS. I don't know their reasons for the decision they made... but I do know one thing in the interview that I may have screwed up (not 100% sure though). It was at that point that I decided to save up and do a PPL.

So unless they plan on asking me in the interview about advantages and disadvantages of WVR combat of Eurofighters and Su-27s, which I highly doubt, I reckon I don't stand a high chance because I will not be looked at as a "well rounded individual".