PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2013, 18:21
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Geriaviator, you've just caused me to splutter my coffee all over my keyboard! I love the old testament style doom laden nature of your offering. No doubt there was much gnashing of teeth as well as wailing involved in the aftermath. No wonder that for some Aden was hell, every adult on base presumably! You paint a picture of anarchy and mayhem abounding in that awful place. How one pities the incumbents, nowhere safe, not even the House of the Lord. Woe indeed!
Danny, I was once the proud possessor of a large B50 model, made for aircraft recognition purposes and obtained in a Govt surplus store. Bizarrely it was painted with Post Office Red upper sides and Silver below. Even more bizarrely that obviously didn't worry me, as it simply joined the other models suspended perilously by threads from my bedroom ceiling. You don't happen to remember if any of those that visited Valley were so finished do you? Very unlikely of course, but whoever so embellished it also added the USAF "Stars and Stripes" markings as if to imply that the whole paint scheme was cosha. Perhaps all was not as it seemed though...