PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Air Show - Waste Of Time
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2013, 17:43
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Skystar:

Sunfish, you are a twisted old man if I can say so. After visiting on the trade day and the public I enjoyed every single minute of it. Perhaps it was the manner of how you approached them?

Although I didn't spend any money the chap I was with did put an order down on two aircraft. Every booth we attended we were met with professionalism. Showed us around when asked if we could view the 'product'

The open day for the public was absolute awesome. Thumbs up to all involved very well organized.
Twisted old man? What are you? Cloud Bunny? Aerosexual? - as Michael O'Leary of Ryanair calls you. The trade displays I saw were full of bored salesmen who, by Friday, were sick to death of listening to aging squadron leaders reliving their youth for the salesmans benefit. The exception being the Garmin guys who followed up with emails on Monday and the nice ladies from Aerospace Materials where I get my Alodine and metals. I DID come away with a nice Half A4 coloured flyer from the CASA stand telling me to be careful about Fatigue and warning me about my responsibilities (obviously in response to the Pel AIr business) and the wonderfully condescending Lycoming brochure about why operating lean of peak is too dangerous for us stupid pilots.

The organisation was excellent but so it was in the Nazi concentration camps.

Your mate bought Two aircraft? The beer can ones and the styrofoam flyer?

The air display was excellent - if you hadn't seen it multiple times before. For my money the best display was the First (?) when the Russians brought their Sukhois (?) and showed up everyone else.

..And what the hell are solar race cars doing in an aviation show? At least this time we were spared the military re-enactment fantasists squeezed into old uniforms and driving jeeps.

Sorry Mods.

Last edited by Sunfish; 5th Mar 2013 at 17:49.