PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2013, 08:57
taxistaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Each flight is paid for after the flight is completed and prices vary depending upon the amount of time actually flown, i.e. brakes off time to brakes on time".
How much for a PPL 45 hrs with all extras, from away landing fees and groundschool would the total amount to?
And on costs.

I think the above simply means that you're charged brakes off to brakes on, so the price of individual lessons will vary depending on time spent holding etc. When I learned I found the lessons got longer (and more expensive) towards the end of the course when you're circuit bashing and doing practise nav exercises.

The total cost will depend on total hours taken. 45 hours is the legal minimum and not achieved by most people. Things that will affect it are: your aptitude; how regularly you can fly (i.e. the more often the better); how often lessons are cancelled by weather etc. From this point of view it's worth starting to learn in the spring, and blitzing it over the summer. If you start learning in the winter you might face weeks of delays between lessons due to weather.

You can download exam fees from the CAA website, and should also factor in study materials, whizz wheel, flight case, check lists, sundry expenses etc.

Wouldn't have thought you'd get much change out of £7 - 8k, all in.

Last edited by taxistaxing; 5th Mar 2013 at 08:59.