PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 5th Mar 2013, 02:40
crs92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

This is my experience.. I actually applied for Virgin and my online application was unsuccessful. Lucky I knew someone and she mentioned to me that on the Virgin website it informs what they're looking for in your resume, like adding in your skills that you have etc... so I changed it to their specifications and made it through to the Perth AD!

I have now done both interviews, online assessment and I'm waiting for them to contact my references Anyway, When I was informed I was unsuccessful I withdrew my application on the careers website, reapplied, changed what I needed to on my application and finally got invited to the interviews. This was all done within a couple of weeks.

To your questions for the time you can reapply if you made it to the ADs and was unsuccessful there.. I'm not sure and don't quote me on this but I was always told by people that Virgin tries to recruit every 3ish months and you could reapply then?

First time I saw them recruiting was about August time 2012 then this new cabin crew national campaign starting from Oct - Mar but then that makes me wonder when they will be hiring again from this huge campaign where they had thousands of applications!?

Try calling Virgin and ask to speak to someone direct apposed to emailing and waiting for a reply, though when I have emailed them they have always gotten back to me promptly.

I was apart of the Perth AD from 12th Feb 13 so any Perth people who want some info in regards to anything let me know! Also if anyone is up to the references stage I would love to know if yours have been contacted or you're still waiting? I emailed them and I got the impression that they contact all states references around the same time as the office is in QLD and they told me the amount of people they have to call will take a couple of weeks!which from the Perth second Ad I couldn't imagine it taking that long..