PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 4th Mar 2013, 21:47
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CharlieDeltaUK - do you have link to the EASA documents?

It does seems you will not get class 1, from what you have told me, at least how it stands at the moment.
And I do know this is very hard to accept, as this is a rule that is completely nonsense, and it is a rule the CAA UK have been fighting against! But there are some other EASA members who have a more backwards view of this, unfortunately.

A quick question, during your class 2, did the CAA make records of your corrective eyesight requirement? If not, there might be some ways to get where you want, but nothing is clear in the water.

If you wish a career within aviation, I would suggest the way in would be going to the USA, and taking FAA licence, you probably would be fine for FAA class 1 medical, as they do not have a requirement for this with regarding uncorrected vision!
Of course, the chances of getting a job in Europe, could not be your priority, you would need to try to get experience via instructing, and get a job with a country that accepts FAA licence, so you will have more limited options, but not impossible, if you are young and have time to go this way.

If you PM me, I will give you more tips about other things you can do, however it does depend on what your exact situation is regarding this.