PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Mar 2013, 19:20
Super Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to Furlough Guy

Hi FG,

Just read your post, I can recall from my interview way back in April last year the interviewers stated that I could be promoted to Skipper A320 in approx 3-4 years, if I'd be joining as a Non Type Rated FO A320.

I'm currently a SFO in the pool with approx 3800 hrs, 1900 E-Jet, 1650 Q400. So with your prior Command time I guess your move to the left seat could be sooner. This is only my opinion though, I don't have any hard facts to back it up with, just what I was told in the interview.

I do know of an ex-colleague who went straight from Q400 onto the A330 1-2 years ago with Qatar. Read a post recently that the A320 has been primarily filled with all the ex-Spanair guys so some new chaps may be going onto the A330 or 777. Also another post that said the new training schedule is allegedly coming out soon so folks should start to be getting called out of the pool in the near future.

Before you take the leap I suggest reading 'Disagreeable's posts, so you get a better idea of what you're leaping into.

While I'm here, many thanks to Disagreeable on his enlightening posts and to everybody else on this thread. See y'all soon, inshallah.

Good luck everybody.