PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini Interview
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2013, 19:14
Desert Budgie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for the replies. Unfortunately the mods moved my thread around 3 different forums and I only stumbled upon it now.

Interview went well. Very professional staff and quite a pleasant conversation as far as interviews go. Technical exam is a reasonable doddle for any working airline pilot.

My impression is they put A LOT of emphasis on the sim ride. They have a straight forward but clever profile that tests your basic abilities on all forms of radio navigation. Next to no preparation time given for the exercise. This is part of the test as they want to see your abilities in aircraft, flying as you would for your current operator. You walk into the sim, sit down and they tell you your cleared for take off. It is solely up to you how you want to operate the flight and how you want to utilise your co-pilot. I think it went well, did all that was asked on the briefing notes. However the checkies give nothing away, so I'll only really know how I've done when I get the yay or nay from HR.

Good luck to all that interviewed last week!

DB