PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broadband special offer!
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2003, 13:47
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Yup, my exchange was triggered last week and build has started. Hopefully in about 6 weeks I should be able to experience an improvement in access times.

I have signed up with Nildram based on the reports from the ADSL Guide website. As I am currently on BT HomeHighway ISDN incurr the extra charge of having my line converted back to PSTN and then over to ADSL. The charge is about £50 which Nildram organise with BT and provided the conversion goes OK that's it. If it doesn't work then they put me back on ISDN and refund all charges as do Nildram for their connection fee.

According to Nildram, because I am an Apple Mac user I have to use an ethernet router instead of a USB modem but I am not sure. I know that using a router is slightly better because of CPU cycles being assigned to the USB port causing a very slight degradation but apart from that I cannot see the need for their requirement. Academic really anyway as I planned on using a router because I can share the line between two computers.

Anyone else got any experiences on changing to broadband they'd care to share?