Old 4th Mar 2013, 16:29
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LW

PL : Watch your speed Watch your speed
PR: ok ok ok I'm going back down
PL: According to the three you're going up, so you go back down
PL: You're at ... go back down
The Three? ASI. This is about velocity, not attitude, or altitude. This would be expected with UAS, speeds being misleading, depending on rate and simultaneity of ICE blockages....

It also clearly tells us that the crew are not cognizant of UAS; if they were, they would not be so alerted to a needed correction......they would mistrust the speeds.... not act on them.

It also sets the tone for the throttle obsession PF demonstrated on the way up...

He is seeking a speed to settle on, not a PITCH. He does not tumble to PITCH until later on....

from gums...

So relaxing stick with a positive pitch attitude would "normally" result in increasing THS until the AoA functions kick in. Their "mode" didn't have the AoA "protections", if I read that law correctly.
This crew, but especially PF Bonin, was not madly pulling on the stick from the loss of A/P, not at all. PITCH increased incrementally, and PF was not cognizant of its dangerous trend, each time he relaxed, he felt one gee...even when increasing, it was seemingly "benign"....

His "I have no control of the plane..." happened after the THS migrated to essentially full (-)....

That does not explain his lack of concern with the Attitude increase, but he was focused on speed, and Roll....

I will repeat myself for the umpteenth time, this crash started with a vengeance at loss of speeds, not with "Full aft Stick"....

We are not certain at all the crew was aware of UAS until 2:10:22, sixteen seconds after loss of a/p. By that time, and imo, the die was cast. After STALL, it's all jelly beans, and pub blather.

EDIT LONEWOLF

In the next minute, for whatever discussion and control input went on, and as we've discussed numerous times before, a correction to the person at the controls (PR) to do something with pitch is not recorded.
You and I do not know if it was recorded, or not. Only BEA know that, and they are not saying....

Last edited by Lyman; 4th Mar 2013 at 16:53.