PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferry Pilots from "Dengerous Flights" TV show on Discovery
Old 4th Mar 2013, 16:18
hawker750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addictive
Ferrying single engine and old weird types is like a drug, you get hooked. Have done many many in my time from C172 to a Mosquito across the atlantic. Every time I landed in Shannon after a 13,14, (record 19) hour crossing from Gander or St Johns I would have a pint or 6 guinesses in the Shannon Shamrock Hotel and promise myself and swear to God that I would never never never do another crossing............When that phone goes a few weeks later I have to appologise to God, pack my bag and go and find the next adventure. I did my last one recently after many years of pushing the throttles on a pair of turbines,: it was a DA20 from Florida to White Waltham. The buzz was still there and would I do yet another? I will have wait till that phone goes again.

PS
I found the 25 gal fuel tank in the co-pilots seat very handy for stubbing my ciggies out on. There was also a 90 gal tank 3 inches behind my head.