PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2013, 13:06
clicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 years ago I worked for Transamerica, based at LGW. As my job did'nt normally deal with passengers I was not issued with a uniform.

For the first few years I lived in London so used the Gatwick Express which was covered in ad's for the BAA duty free shop.

Given the no uniform I was asked at least once every month if I knew where the duty free coach was on the train. Normally large American males.

There was one time when I had to deal with some pax, one of our 747's diverted into LGW with a problem while enr TLV-JFK. We had less than 30 mins notice and had been unable to get a pax service rep in. Got a call from our handling agent, pax being a pain and could someone from the company attend the aircraft. Only two of us in the office as it was a weekend so spin the coin and I lost.

The problem was this pax wanted to get off the aircraft but it was parked in a high sercurity area and so he was unable to leave. Got to the aircraft and explained why he could not go down the pax steps. That did'nt work so I pointed out a policeman (armed) and said "If anyone get off this aircraft without a suitable pass that officer has a shoot to kill policy". That worked.