PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Blogger Thrown Off a United Airlines Flight for Taking Pictures
Old 4th Mar 2013, 11:07
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you misunderstood me, I mentioned the culture thing since Ottergirl commented on probably being in a lot of Japanese albums- this because of the cultural thing I mentioned, and also that "cabin attendantu" are held in a higher stature in Japanese society than their western counterparts (yes for some it is also a fetish thing but for the majority they just love the uniforms and nice-looking crew)

I personally experienced having more pictures taken by Japanese & Chinese passengers, certainly they are by no means alone but many of them are tourists and its acceptable generally in that society to take lots of pictures. Others, not so much. Perhaps they want photos but feel weird about asking or think it might be considered rude?

Definitely I have had more pictures taken with/of me since flying in the Gulf, Europe and Asia than I ever did in Australia (although plenty of Aussie pax love to have pics as well)

To be honest (in my exp) most stag weekend pax are too tipsy and having fun to take pics with/of us, more often they are too busy photographing themselves!! :P

Most often (for me) it is groups or families, from past experience I avoid taking photos with a man not in a group- since one of my friends saw her own picture on a random FB account with the caption "my girlfriend" and a guy she'd only served dinner to! :/ If a guy on his own wants a pic its fine but I usually will get a few others in as well to make it a group photo. Ok some might say I am being judgemental or biased but I prefer it that way, its my personal rule and makes me feel more comfortable. I do however have to occasionally discourage the "arm around the waist" type photos as I do not feel comfortable with those.... other crew might be okay with it and it's a personal decision.

Some carriers have policies, others don't.

Sorry for the drift!