PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 4th Mar 2013, 11:02
Nudlaug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus, no one denies improved fuel burn and even maintenance on an improved, upgraded engine. And you'd get them whenever your old donk's require more expensive overhaul than replacement, even earlier since an upgraded package delivers extra incentives.
BUT the way i understood the video it's not about an upgraded engine package that delivers extra savings and you'd take up whenever your engines are due for replacement but rather the motto "no more overhaul, but engine replacements instead". And i highly doubt that it's cheaper to put a brand spanking new engine any time an overhaul is due than doing the overhaul.
Unless the video meant to convey that in fact they are getting upgraded engines once off which it then miserably failed to get across. Either way the video was/is an embarrassment and complete and utter failure, like any other communication the company has produced in the last 10 years. It's embarrassing. I am embarrassed to work under those clowns, because they have no f***ing clue on so many levels it's beyond a joke.