PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA differences training by non-EASA flight instructor
Old 4th Mar 2013, 08:33
Zonkor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if I'm rambling, but it's Monday morning, and Part-FCL is starting to become quite frustrating

If a rather simple question yields multiple different answers (interpretations /guesses, since without source?) from experienced people (but in any case thanks for your answers!), then something is seriously amiss with this EASA transition. I'd not fly unless totally sure about the validity of an endorsement, due to the harsh consequences (e.g., insurance coverage).

Sure the pilot is responsible to know the law, more so than in any other activity it seems. (Do you know a driver who fully read and understands the laws of the road? In any country he/she goes to?) But I'd say for European pilots it is close to impossible even with the best of efforts.

If I read Part-FCL or CAA CAP804, then more questions than answers arise. However, it seems right now we (private) pilots are left in the rain: The CAA is to my knowledge the only so-called competent authority that already issues Part-FCL licenses. However, they are less than "competent" in answering any kind of questions that go beyond the trivial. A email inquiry routinely yields no reply, and the phone agents have little clue about the legislation, it seems.

Who else should one refer to? An (EASA-certified ;-) aviation lawyer? EASA itself (has anybody had luck inquiring directly with them)? An ATO (and how would they know)?

No wonder general aviation becomes less and less attractive in the eyes of many over here ...

</ramble>