PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 4th Mar 2013, 06:38
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone in the RAF will base their decisions of a person solely on a forum conversation, which by nature can not take into account the full scope of an individual's circumstances.
No of course not, that would be a complete nonsense. No, the point is that you make certain statements in a certain way on the forum. OASC staff may well have read these and may remember some gems.

During interview you, as the interviewee, have very limited scope for controlling the interview as you will want to be as open and candid as possible. You would be surprised at how thorough the interview can be and it will probe areas of your life that you will have long forgotten. You will be surprised.

On your wg cdr, the RLO is a retired officer serving as a civil servant and I don't think is in the recruiting loop at all, except a little more than we on pprune are.