PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 23:57
Nudlaug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from a genius of a man who has recently stated - that thinking innovatively, it is better to buy new CFM56 engines than repair them
That video was the biggest oxy moron i have ever witnessed, and i have been in a few dodgy places over the decades. I have no clue how something like this can even make it out in the open without the responsible person being given CR! Innovative way of doing business? Putting new engines on? What's next? Here is an idea, let's be even more innovative and replace not just the engine, but all aircrafts with new ones. Now that's real innovation and will save money. Forget painting them with the new super duper paint, just get a new one. Whole fleet refreshed, 1.5% fuel savings, max innovation achieved

They're either completely brain dead or got rid of engine overhaul, can't get their engines maintained and now have to sell it as a great idea to replace em with new ones.....

Last edited by Nudlaug; 4th Mar 2013 at 00:00.