PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 21:27
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

It was a Wing Commander - a Regional Careers Liaison Officer.

Lj101 has also shown how your dedication does not seem as deep seated as you would have us believe. OASC read this thread and even though you are hiding behind a pseudonym they can often spot at interview a Ppruner wanabee.
Well, there are many details of my circumstances that you, nor anyone else is aware of on this forum... because its a forum

I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone in the RAF will base their decisions of a person solely on a forum conversation, which by nature can not take into account the full scope of an individual's circumstances.

But anyway, I appreciate where you are coming from in terms of not being able to do activities at the same time whilst at university. I see what you mean now when you say it's a "box ticking exercise". As I've explained before I was working practically 7 days a week along with all university course work and lectures, meetings etc. There was simply zero chance of me fitting anything else in.

I think if you knew me, you'd be hard pushed to find someone as keen as me on fighters (aircraft in general, but especially fighters). I am well aware that every 2nd person says this though. I don't really care or expect you to be convinced.

For the record, I never said my dream is to join the RAF. I said I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot. If you are basing your skepticism of my desire by reading the questions that I have asked, then technically speaking, your judgement is irrelevant as the issue which I have outlined concerns my legibility of joining the RAF.

I am not prepared to gamble everything I have on making it into the RAF and sacrificing other potential income which could greatly benefit me in obtaining an airline job in the future. I am happy to fight for survival in the commercial segment... which I suspect is the way it will most likely turn out.