PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FTLs and EU proposals
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2003, 11:14
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ok, I will post hackhack's reply in the original thread although some of it references some fo the insults leveled at him.
Back to fatigue...

Well, fatigue doesn't seem to be much of an issue then?

Coalface: i don't think it's just me who finds things like this confusing:

"Max FDP per day = 13 hours. This is reduced for flights encroaching the WOCL (Window of Circadian Low) 0200-0600 local. If you report for a flight during the WOCL then the FDP is reduced by 100% of its' encroachment. If you end during or after (having started before) the WOCL then FDP is reduced by 50% of its' encroachment.

Only comment re days off is min 36 hours off per week, to include 2 local nights. No more than 168 hours between 2 of these off periods. "

As you're no doubt a genius, perhaps you can put it in non-airline jargon for me?

(And, digressing again: to Mitty: the airline and CAA were indeed informed.)

Anyone who wants to return to the original reason for this post is more than welcome. I believe some pilots want this issue of duty hours raised?
I have received a message from Paul explaining some of the background to the other article in the Telegraph and as in most cases there is more to the background that appears at first. Let us just say that the editor has a hell of a lot to answer for.