PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oops - QF system cacks itself - Big mob!!
Old 12th Feb 2003, 10:41
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops - QF system cacks itself - Big mob!!

Well folks, the move to the Amadeus GDS has certainly been a bad one for QF.

Over the last 2 days, their computer reservations system has mysteriously lost most of April's SYD OOL flights.

Passengers have been rebooked to the next day by the system on unsuitable flights and at most one flight SYD OOL and vv is showing (or a connection over Brisbane) with naturally the majority of discount seats well and truly shot.

What a coup de grace for DJ!! Even with their egg sucking dog of a web booking engine, they must be laughing their heads off.

The availability has been down for around 48 hours now, and right through NSW school holidays so the losses must now run into millions. I can almost feel the cold horror creeping through the veins of shareholders in Rat Inc.

This just goes to show you what happens when you let bean-counters select a reservations system. The deal being signed while most senior operational staff were in the US at a conference.

Amadeus is a hateful Eurocrud system, suited only to Airlines running out of a single hub or max 2 (ie: LH MUC and FRA) with little or no connecting services and low volume over the routes they service. It is totally unsuitable for an airline like QF with multiple hubs and large numbers of flights over some city pairs.

Some heads isa gonna roll at 50 Franklin St.

This is probably the biggest display of ineptitude I have witnessed since the TN Univac 494 dumped 6 days of Christmas to save itself back in the mid '70s.

I hope none of you have QF shares.

Amazing that they hadnt informed their res staff on the floor either. Totally an amateur effort.

Oh well - lotsa cheapies coming up for April.

Best all

EWL