PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting air taxi company
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 14:32
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fail to understand the amount of newbies, who must have recently passed the atpl exams, who have absolutely no understanding of the law in this respect.
I thought you had that figured out, it's because the training that we're given is thoroughly inadequate for the purposes of becoming a modern international pilot. Of course no-one dares tells you this until you get to an airline and it becomes blatantly obvious that you know the square route of Fannela Arbuckle.

And to the OP, trying to make yourself a job by starting an airline is not going to get you a flying job, it's going to get you a desk job while you try to manage the bonkers finances, overbearing regulatory bodies and occasionally difficult to manage employees while you try to occasionally get into the right hand seat.

It will steal all the joy out of the job and you will be left with less money than you started with (if you're lucky that is, if you're not you'll be left with nothing).

There's very few jobs out there for a reason, do not let your enthusiasm cloud your judgement, it is an enormous mistake.
Just be patient, network, take opportunities when you can to get into the industry even if it's not as a pilot and I say again, BE PATIENT and keep going.

Good luck.

EDIT: and just to be clear, you'll be amazed how little you know when you come out of training. Really, it's nothing other than how to point the aircraft in generally the right direction.

Last edited by Dan the weegie; 3rd Mar 2013 at 14:33.