PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 13:46
Twin Beech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread for some weeks now, and am aghast at the inhumane behaviour of engineering 'management'. What possible happy outcome can they expect from such a strategy? How can they convince themselves that sheer bastardry will overcome the mechanical realities of operating compex contrivances like aeroplanes without an engaged engineering workforce?

I am but a simple (as opposed to humble) pilot, yet even I can see from my pit of ignorance that complex devices might need, from time to time, expert care. Today I had the bittersweet pleasure of informing a ' manager' that his delay was purely the result of a profoundly pissed-off workforce, and that presently most of us seem hell-bent on ******* up this airline rather than advancing it. Not (with Seinfeld raised hands) that there's anything wrong with that. Since the executive branch seem to be wallowing in willfully ignorant self-congratulatory hyperbole it falls to us to provide concrete evidence that their scorched-earth policies may just result in....scorched earth.

For the first time in this particular walking-dead-man of an airline, it seems to me that most staff will, instead of doing everything in their power to advance the company, will do anything to blame management. Even if that means destroying the airline.

Today I was staff travelling on a delayed flight. The gate staff, the duty managers, me and my cohorts were all telling the pax war stories regarding what **** heads the executives are, and that all of their woes are the result of corporate policies. The funny thing is that none of the commercial pax seemed to be surprised at this news.

Every time I fly I buy a beer for every defect the other pilots can log. Is that wrong?

Last edited by Twin Beech; 3rd Mar 2013 at 13:58.