PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 10:03
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch

chinapattern

Munich and Milan were disappointing choices and I am sure BHX, flybe and Lufthansa will be pleased, as much as it pains me to say I don't think there there is room for competition on these routes at the present time especially with 174/214 seat aircraft.

Monarch have acted swiftly with Barcelona now daily from May although with FR that makes that route 11 a week with FR plus 3 x REU and 2 x GRO.

The annual high-season night Tenerife by Monarch on a Tuesday is back. This aircraft possibly operates BHX 0635 GIB, 14.10 ALC, TFS 21.35 back at 07.10 Wednesday out 08.10 Bordeaux with a turnaround to Split 13.55 arriving back 20.20 but it does get the night off.

High season now sees night-flights IBZ Thu-Mon, PMI & AGP FRI-SUN.

A clear increase in utilisation.

I still think a 10th aircraft would have been on the cards if they could have sourced it with still Corfu shown as an IT, Rhodes on Thomson for Avro and Malaga could easily have been double daily every day.

August is getting better but will still be well down with four BMI 733's been replaced by one extra Monarch plus a slight increase in seats (Nice was 149 last year).

Does anyone know the 320/321 split for Monarch at BHX - dummy bookings the last time I checked was 4 x 321 and 5 x 320 but the fleet additions are 5 x 321's and 3 x A320.

Pete