PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are my chances?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 01:36
Jsd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are my chances?

Firstly I appreciate this may be a commonly asked question but I've done a lot of searches and still not got an answer.

I have recently started doing my ppl and I'm now really considering my options for cpl/ATPL however my history is not great and I don't want to spend a lot of money training for a job which I may not realistically be employed.

I left school after doing gcse's and didn't get great grades and from there went straight into work so no further education. I eventually started my own business and have been doing that for the last few years-it's doing ok and pays for my living but flying is what I would love to do. I'm 26 so I figure I'm not too old to do it. However the main problem is a conviction.

Long story short I got in a scrap one evening and someone ended up with a broken jaw. The conviction was s.20 GBH and a 6 month suspended sentence.
Not good.
Anyways that won't become spent for another 5 years (7 total) so my question is;

Even when this becomes spent, would I be able to get an airside pass? I know it's not possible currently as its on the list of exclusions. Secondly do you automatically need an airside pass for any commercial work or only airline transport? Finally does my lack of further education rule me out?

I appreciate I'm not painting a great picture of myself but these are the facts and if its not going to be a realistic possibility for me I'd rather know now, put it out of my mind and just enjoy my ppl.

Thanks in advance.