PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 21:55
hibdulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkish Airlines

Hi everyone,
I just passed my interview in Turkish Airlines as an F/O on the B737.

I am very confused for my choice as many people say it's a very nice place and environment to go for, someone else, especially on the web, says exactly the opposite.

First of all I have been told that I will not be given any contract until I am out of my current airline and have obtained my work permit.
Is this a normal practise? Can I trust them?

If anyone is working for them already I would like to know some key information:

- Actual possibility for Command upgrade or/and Long hault after some time
(is the same waiting list used for locals and expats?)

- Roster and actual sample of a "standard day" in Turkish (B737).
( Is it 5/2 - 6/1? Are the days normally very long? Is there enough spare time for oneself? )

- Overnights during the working days and how many to expect (nice places, nice colleagues to spend time with or not really?)

- SOPs. Are they at a good standard or are they very easygoing, not too sticking to the rules etc?

- Taxes and pension: is it possible to transfer everything back to another European country if leaving Turkey?

- Future. Are other companies considering pilots from Turkish very good pilots or is their standard not really well liked around the world?

Sorry guys for asking so many questions but I have to take an importat decision and I need as many information as possible, due to the lack of info received by the Airline.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!