PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 Landing
Thread: C152 Landing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 18:29
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no opinion on if the instructor is right or wrong as I'm not qualified to give an opinion, but from a low time VFR duffer who also learned in a 152 , I would not sweat the details of the steering thing in the kind of winds a student is landing in initially as trike keeps itself pretty much straight and you will get a feel for the application of rudder naturally , the biggest thing that helped me learn to do a half decent landing was always reminding myself when entering the flare to look right down the end of the runway (EVERYTIME) to get a better gauge of where you are above the ground and not solely"localise" your perception of your position by looking just over the cowling.

Again I am NOT an instructor, but perhaps a tip that worked for me may help you. As mentioned in another post here before you fly a particular model of plane I strongly advise reading the POH from cover to cover then going out and poking around the plane with book in hand to get the best understanding of the entire craft and systems as possible, If you are in the 152 for your entire training go on to the lycoming website and download the operators manual for the engine model you have, in addition to guidance on best operator practices such as carb heat use, starting and power settings etc, it gives you a better understanding of the engine that may not be covered as part of the PPl syllabus.

Good luck with your training.

Last edited by piperboy84; 2nd Mar 2013 at 18:30.