Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CONFiture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
All of the DFDR is available
"Where?"
At Court, to the Judge.

Autopilot is available to the flightcrew after UAS, Airbus (OEB) directed crews to not select it, as it "may" cause an "uncommanded climb" creating "risk".

It is BUSS that disqualifies A/P, until a reboot, on the deck...imo. Also I think NORMAL LAW is not reselectable post BUSS.

Captain DuBois, in the CVR, made it a point to check the A/P switch, late in the game. Why? Did he cycle it? The CVR reports (CAM) a noise of switch movement? Was he concerned about the "sluggishness" of the elevators? Whether due Bonin's pulling, Captain was obviously concerned about the lack of ND? I cannot find any command from Captain: "Putz!, NOSE DOWN" Can You?
Instead, the command is "Try Climb" "But I have aft stick for awhile..." Elevators were the topic of the day, yet all were at a loss as to continued descent.....

The instruments were alive, and accurate, we think, wouldn't the commander be distressed at the NU along with the 10000fpm descent?

WITHOUT QUESTION, the Captain must have assumed the controls were INOP, hence no NOSE DOWN response from the A/C. Where is evidence of his dilemma as to no ELEVATOR control? If he considers Bonin competent to fly, he can have no other conclusion, nor can Robert, who has been privy to the a/c PITCH migrations, from the outset.

Captain not once looks at Bonin's stick, just to make sure? Baloney. Something is fishy here. Robert is satisfied that the a/c is at fault, he must be, he agrees with Bonin "We have lost all control". Not a peep about the climb when DuBois returns?

As to CVR. Failing a release of the (complete) record, perhaps the BEA would consider releasing the audio portions that were transcribed.

Why not? The words are released, why not the voices along with them?

Any guesses?

Last edited by Lyman; 2nd Mar 2013 at 14:29.