PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 09:44
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be unfortunate and embarrassing, for some, if the addition of ‘normally’ took effect before the decision not to recover the OBR devices
I think you mean 'OBR device' as the other flight recorder isn't recognised here in Oz as an 'OBR'.

On the matter of embarrassment I'd be more inclined to say the embarrassment lies with Beaker and his offsider Mr Walsh.

For an organisation such as the ATSB to profess compliance with ICAO Annex 13, albeit with some notified differences, should mean they are always monitoring/tracking any amendments to Annex 13 and their 'shelfware manuals' at each of their offices should also reflect this.

Therefore Mr Walsh should have been able to put his hands on the exact version that was current at the time the investigation began...maybe it would be worth someone with authority doing a shelfware audit of the manuals at each of the ATSB offices??

NB Again it is very hard to track but I believe the amendment version that needs to be presented to Senator Fawcett is 'Ref #2009/16 Amendment 12 to Annex 13 (09/04/2009)' and the one that he gave to Beaker is Amendment 13...hope that helps Mr Walsh??

Creamy asked: (3) Did Mr Dolan suggest that medivac operations are not “fare paying passenger transport operations”?
Creamy I’m not sure Beaker has ever openly suggested or stated that medivac ops “are not fare paying passenger transport operations”. However is your question in relation to Senator Fawcett’s queries in regards to ATSB prioritisation of their investigations? If so the reference in AQON_150213_80.pdf that shows the ATSB risk matrix may help you out.

Also out of interest he is the link for the 'Ministers statement of expectations':Minister's statement of expectations

Last edited by Sarcs; 2nd Mar 2013 at 10:03.