PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 04:35
what-to-do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Iver!

FZ is still finding it impossible to control the rostering issues that have been very apparent for three years now. Senior management are claiming that they know nothing of any concerns over rostering and are asking for feedback on the subject.

My question is 'what have the current and previous chief and deputy chief pilots been doing in this time'? My assumption would be that they feed serious issues such as fatigue inducing rostering up the chain of command in the hope that action could be taken to reduce the impact of such poor rostering, which it is!

FZ had moved away from a rather silly and fatigue inducing 5 on 2 off roster, which doesn't sound too bad, but when you have night shifts and day shifts in the 5 days, it is unbearable. We now see that this type of rostering is now back, and, adding insult to injury, we now have single days off with an early start the next day that requires an early night!

One only has to read OM-A to see that we are running rough shot over our FTL Scheme, which lets face it, is there to protect pilots and crew from the dangers of fatigue.

Be mindful of this fact when considering FZ......