PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Interim profit soars
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 03:28
Spotlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Air New Zealand and I travel with them a lot, however it can be akin to a box of chocolates. Inconsistent! Jesus! Nothing is the same two days running, from the 45 minute boarding calls for people in aisle rows A,C E and windows B,D and God knows what to present now. And ALL the sheep line up anyway

Next day different

Boiler hosties having uninterrupted convo's with each other between slinging slinging the nosh is not good. But its just a job.and they are generally efficient in a work to rule type way.

Regarding the booking system I am in two minds. It has worked for me several times but fell down badly on a Cairns-Auckland. The seat selection, three days prior to flight showed as Eastwest Loco mentioned the front of the aircraft fully booked. Okay! Row 27 left on the seat plan showed only two seats and a gap at the aisle, a bit odd but having a passing acquaintance with narrow body airliners I weighed up the pro's/cons of being last off, near the toilets, one row in front of crew rest seats etc and confirmed Seat 27B

Long story short: Row 27 left was three seats and I was in the middle. KIWIED.

Nice people either side and a pleasant trip. In flight entertainment and ability to order food virtually were big pluses. .

Note to add. This was an A320, my least favorite aircraft to passenger on.