PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 1st Mar 2013, 21:50
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because there’s so much irrelevant twaddle published on this thread, I sometimes find it very difficult to discern the important stuff.

The original version of paragraph 5.4 of Annex 13 says:
General

5.4 The accident investigation authority shall have independence in the conduct of the investigation and have unrestricted authority over its conduct, consistent with the provisions of this Annex. The investigation shall include:

a) the gathering, recording and analysis of all available information on that accident or incident;
b) …
Could someone please answer these questions:

(1) What was the date of effectivity of the amendment that changed para 5.4 to say “The investigation shall normally include”?

Mr Dolan appeared to be quoting from the current version of Annex 13 when he said:
The version I have, which is the version promulgated on 18 October 2010, with additions that have been updated, says, 'The investigation shall'—and I agree with 'shall'—'normally include …' my bold.
(2) Was the word “normally” added after the ATSB said it made its decision not to recover the OBR devices from NGA?

Surely Mr Dolan wouldn’t try to fool anyone with such an easily-exposed ex post facto justification. “In 2009 I didn’t have to do that because the rule changed a year later.”

(3) Did Mr Dolan suggest that medivac operations are not “fare paying passenger transport operations”?

And please (please), can we give the pony pooh references and all the other rubbish a rest for while (just a little while)?

Last edited by Creampuff; 1st Mar 2013 at 21:51.