PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Akrotiri Kebab Houses
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 17:46
kweelo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can definitely endorse Canadian Break's recommendation - my ex worked at the 'Phini Tav' for 2 years (90-92) Augustus was legendary and I enjoyed many a night of his hospitality and witnessed him and his Mother having many a spat! Which was always great entertainment.

Loved the 'Bunch of the Grapes' way back when and was always fun trying to find your way into the village by following the grapes on the water storage tanks on the roofs.

As for the Akrotiri strip, we were always warned off as there were various rumours of the meat being collected 'fresh' that day! However, during Ellamy couple of years ago we went to Chris's kebab and have to admit after 3-4 courses I gave up - never eat the bread and fill-up on salad, it spoils things later on!!!

My favourite, I'm sorry I can't remember it's name was a fantastic Kebab House on the way to Yermasoyia Dam. As you went into the village, there was a fork - left, kebab house, right, up to towards the dam - Brit style pub, watch footie, drink beer and then back down to said kebab house!!!

Cyprus - happy memories, great people - need a separate thread for 'Happy Valley.' Anyone there for the 84 Sqn Caps demo 90-91, when they decided to set fire to the bondu when they set the flare off!!