PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UM Aviation Delhi
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 12:58
schweizer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dudu8168

Perhaps I was a bit too strong on my previous post and I am sorry for that.
However, when you signed up for a pay 2 fly scheme and went to a middle man you should have accepted that you were taking a big risk, especially when it comes to aviation, and that the money given is money that you would never see again.

I myself got into a tricky situation when I was naive enough to go to a "pay a lump sum" flight school. Luckily it wasn't too much money and when I realized the school was terrible, I made just no matter where I ended up I would pay as my lessons went.

You have done a big mistake in paying up front without any job guarantee and this is the price you pay.

We all have to accept that aviation is now turning into a "pay for your type rating and you can have the job" career, but you went to a middle man and he will most likely end up having you pay for his lawyer, assuming you signed a contract with him, and enjoy a nice bottle of champers whilst you must now figure out what to do.

If this was an airline that had backed out of a contract with you, I would very well be backing you up.

Once again, sorry for your loss, you took a gamble and paid the price.

Last edited by schweizer2; 1st Mar 2013 at 12:59.