PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Sergeant and The Sea King, 28th Feb
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 10:56
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to the missing "D" maybe John S being a near local lad is using local dialect/spelling?

Hansard.....

HANSARD 1803–2005 → 1940s → 1945 → November 1945 → 7 November 1945 → Commons Sitting → ROYAL NAVY
R.N.A. Station, Culrose (Road Material)

HC Deb 07 November 1945 vol 415 cc1253-4 1253
§4. Mr. Stokes asked the First Lord of the Admiralty in view of the decision not to proceed further with the Culrose R.N.A. Station, Cornwall, whether he is aware that loads of clinker, stone and tarmac are still being delivered to the site in spite of the fact that this material is needed for the repair of local roads; and if he will now terminate this waste of road material.
Mr. Alexander My hon. Friend is under a misapprehension in thinking that it has been decided not to proceed further with this station. It is essential to finish certain parts of the work to prevent serious deterioration, and this applies to the partially completed roads and runways for which this material is required.
§Mr. Stokes Why is it necessary to complete roads and runways when it has been decided not to complete the aerodrome for some years yet? Is my right hon. Friend aware that all this material and labour is urgently wanted elsewhere, and that there are complaints all round regarding the waste that is taking place?
Mr. Alexander My hon. Friend is really never satisfied.
§Mr. Stokes No.