PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs 2013
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 10:54
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't call it discrimination, "preference" is probably a better word. I'm not associated with the Company and I have no idea why they have expressed it the way they have. It might be the case that, historically, applicants with those licenses have negotiated the AACM/HKCAD processes more readily than those who don't. But certainly they have hired pilots with native licenses not mentioned, as well as pilots with less experience than mentioned.

I used to work for them, and I'd go back to work for them if asked. But they haven't asked and nor are they likely to (they tend not to re-hire former staff as a matter of Company policy). So if anybody is considering applying, even if you're slightly underdone on the experience they are looking for, there is no harm in applying. They do have a lot of flexibility who they can hire because they arbitrarily set their own requirements (i.e. they aren't playing to the tune of any clients: remember they hired a whole stack of cadet pilots with zero experience, sent them to Australia and elsewhere to do their CPL and IR, and put them on as co-pilots with probably 150 hours total time).

Last edited by gulliBell; 1st Mar 2013 at 11:36.