PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BNE Full Body Scanner.
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 04:49
framer

Received 495 Likes on 133 Posts
I recently travelled with my six month old daughter througg Sydney internationally. We had baby milk powder in a can. Baby milk powder in smaller quantities in zip lock bags. Baby milk Pre mixed in 250ml bottles, and not a peep out of security. Complete farce.
The answer in my opinion is to take 90% of the security personnel at airports ( it seems to take about 7 of them to manage one stationary x ray machine) and employ them doing basic background travel checks of flying passengers from when the tickets are purchased and from that identifying passengers for screening. The other 10% can carry out the screening.
If Aviation Security was really a priority the first thing to change after 9/11 would have been the ability to choose your seat when booking as the hijackers did. Also, the ability to determine which flights were full and which flights were only partially booked would also have been removed.This simple step to increasing security created no commercial benefit to anyone, it was not implemented. Ie, farce.
Framer
PS before anyone rattles on about putting stuff like this on the Internet, the cowards ( I don't like the term Terrorists) had all this info wired 12 years ago.

Last edited by framer; 1st Mar 2013 at 04:54.