PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in Hong Kong and Working for Cathay Pacific
Old 1st Mar 2013, 03:41
NowThatsFunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mediums,
If your family moved there when you were 11, assuming you're older than 22 now then you've spent more than half your life in HK so you haven't really spent much time outside of the HK lifestyle and culture. Have you had a job/career outside of HK? If so, why did you leave it to go back to the HK lifestyle?

You're used to small housing and everything else that comes along with living in HK on probably relatively low wages.
"the pay is worse than what CX pays"....not in my country, and not in my flying job.

I get the impression that you may not be the best to comment on experiences of people from outside of HK going to work for CX.

And looking at your comments about having to sacrifice so much (pay, housing, lifestyle) for the "opportunity", it seems pretty clear that you're in the "live to work", not "work to live" category.

I give you credit for your "glass is half full" attitude to your own situation, but as I said above, it's not accurate to apply your experiences to people coming from overseas to work for CX.