PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Boats to East Africa
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 22:20
Corsairoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superb Cyflyer...thank you so much for posting that video.

I have been showing people around VH-BRC at the Southampton Hall of Aviation (now SolentSky) for 10 years. I thought I knew most there was to know about her, but that video gave me even more information. "The Big Boat of the Islands" is superb stuff.

Beachcomber will be 70 years old in the summer of this year. And she is still in remarkably good condition. We allow visitors free access to all the cabins upstairs and downstairs as well as guided and supervised (often by me) visits to the flight deck up the access ladder. We let visitors sit in the flight seats and stand on the small table to look out of the roof hatch. Many of our visitors are left in awe at an age of aviation that is gone forever.

We have 2 jet fighter cockpits we let visitors sit in. Then we take them up the access ladder onto the flight deck of Beachcomber. I often ask young visitors which aircraft they would really like to fly....almost without exception it is Beachcomber. There is still something very special fired in the imagination by the big boats.

Once again, if anyone from PPRUNE wants to visit VH-BRC in her 70th anniversary year, please send me a message here and I will be delighted to personally show you around.

We are taking very good care of her.

Last edited by Corsairoz; 28th Feb 2013 at 22:37.