PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APD charges on Business jets
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 16:03
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have asked a few questions...

Now as you can see we have 4 seats with a very short distance from each other and 4 with a bigger one, that at least is very close to the 40 inches. How do I measure seat pitch in such a case? Is it half the distance between the seats facing each other? Or the whole distance plus the distance between the seats not facing each other dived by 2 ? I would like to get a credible answer soon. And I do know that this does not only affect a few business jets, but most.

2) We – as many others – do use a computer program to plan and report our flights to the various authorities requiring that info. If we report in a form made by us containing the same info than yours, would that be okay?

3) Why do we have to pay this anyhow? We are a private company…. Not an air operator!!!

4) is there a better definition available for "east or west of the Urals" for the Russian Federation ?

These are the answers so far:

1) The 40 inches can be measured by half the distance between facing seats. Measured from seat back to seat back.
2) The actual form (APD2) does need to be completed and signed and sent to our processing office, along with any duty due, although the payment may be sent electronically to our bank. All these details will be available when you register, or via our website. The new version of the form will be available with the new Notice 550 in a few days. In the meantime I attach a briefing that may assist in some of your decisions.
3) UK Ministers announced in 2011 that APD would be extended from its current form to include smaller aircraft from 01 April 2013. It was to include both private and corporate aircraft.
4) I will have to take a little time to look back at the definition for the Russian Federation split at the Urals, but wanted to get the other information out to you as quickly as possible.