PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Interim profit soars
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 12:45
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep NZ - well done - BUT - the Airline has the most unuseable and "designed by marketing" system of any Airline for travel agents to navigate.

The system has a psuedo LCC model of fares that go from seat only to seat and bag then seat wth bag and food and on to seat with bag, food, booze lounge and a spare seat next to you in pretend business on the shark patrol narrowbody A320s.

Small problem though. If you book the Works Plus Deluxe which is the dearest fare, you are not guarnteed getting a seat. Yes- the dearest fare is booked in a class that is in a similar coding like J I Z C and D can represent business class but a lower fare and service level also at the back of the aeroplane also occupies the same class code. The only way to figure out availability and in fact actual price is to force the fare basis and you don't know if you have the seat until ticket issue is attempted.

I personally had the major drama with a loyal high end corporate where I had the flight booked and when I went to ticket the booking. Seats weren't there in the front cabin but were in the cheaper rear cabin with all the back end options, but not what the punter ordered and the mug Travel Agent told them that they had.

NZ needs to get some of the TEAL pre computer mindset out of the system and work with the still current basis of their revenue base. Web is grabbing a larger slice of business each year but it is no reason to act like a hick backwater airline to the majority of their revenue base.

Best all

EWL