PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 10:05
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midnight cruiser,

I was certainly thrilled to be off the unemployment statistics and to be able to pay the bills again. So was Mrs Z.

As for your second comment, getting paid to sit in a nice seat watching movies is just fine by me. It has become better with the recent upgrading of our J priority. And the hotels in India are rather nice, the only real pain is immigration in Mumbai which is slightly less intrusive and unpleasant than Orlando. As for flying back and forth, there is no discernible difference between schlepping back and forth to the subcontinent and schlepping back and forth to the East coast or the Canary islands or up and down the UK 4 times a day. The big difference is that I now do a lot less of it.

I even got to go to the states this month, as our German colleagues have all been issued with Indian visas they can now enjoy the delights of DEL, BOM and MAA just like the rest of us and stop nicking all the Frankfurt -US trips.

I still maintain that it is a far better way to make a living than most of the slavery on offer elsewhere and command would top it all off nicely, should it ever happen. If not, then at least I have a chance of making it to retirement without dying of exhaustion first.

How's life with you?