PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any news on Barrier? Minus the drift.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 08:43
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It’s also why there’s been no reporting of the outcome of this matter by Mr Phelan. It’s a rather inconvenient outcome for CASA’s critics."

Creamie, very, very rarely CASA actually learn something from other countries.
I think you will find that Mr. Phelan's silence is more due to CASA adopting the tactic used by the Singapore Government to stifle criticism and dissent, by swamping the individual or organization with writs or threats of writs.
Someone very close to me, who happened to be a judge, said to me once
"The law applies to everyone, justice on the other hand only applies to them that can afford it".
I have no doubt what you say is true and CASA have no liability to anyone under the law as written., and why not, they wrote the law, and it took them over twenty years and a quarter of a billion dollars to do it.
however, at the end of the day what they produced is rubbish, is killing the industry it purports to regulate and is not achieving what it was allegedly written to achieve. Who's fault is that?, unfortunately its ours, we let it happen and now we are paying the price, once corruption takes hold its very hard to eradicate.

Last edited by thorn bird; 28th Feb 2013 at 23:16.