PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 18:55
Danny42C

.....talk of many things....

Geriaiator,

Your quote: "flawless landing demonstrations". That well known (and rather outspoken) Irishman whom we all love to hate (but who nevertheless runs a hugely profitable airline while others are losing money hand over fist) has, I believe, recently thought up a wizard wheeze. He has a mind to have a straphanger section fitted in steerage in his next batch of 737s.

The justification for the idea, apparently, is that he can pack a few more in and: "if there's an accident, they're all dead anyway" (which may well be true, but has raised some critical Press comment). What has escaped comment is his next remark: "and heavy landings are a thing of the past".
Really ? I'm very pleased to hear it ! Can any one throw light on this amazing development ? (With grovelling apologies to our Moderator).

PS Thanks to you and Chugalug for the solution to the Bold Type question !
(and it is Open House again on my PMs !) Your Miss Buckle sounds a very wise teacher indeed, and Mr. Acheson had reason to reflect on the old adage about leading horses to water.....or small boys to sour milk !.........D

pzu,

Thanks for the link ! (don't take the D & S Times). But the Telemark was always far beyond my ability.
Good for the lad, though, (sounds like the R.Aux.A.F. ? - but hadn't they been disbanded ?)..............D

Regards to you all, Danny.