PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2013, 16:52
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's been some years since I read about this stuff so perhaps it has changed or perhaps I am wrong. The Freedom of Information Act only covers public authorities and governmental departments, NHS, Police, Local Councils, Department for Transport etc. You can request statistics, budgets expenses blah blah under a FOI request.

The Data Protection act on the other hand allows you to ask a private (or public) company to handover any information retained about yourself only. This could mean test scores, instructor notes, payments (in a flying field for example). This could also include patient notes in the NHS or information the police has on record about you...

It would be impossible under these two pieces of legislation to request the information from CTC et al pertaining to number of graduates, destinations etc. You're best bet would be just to ask them directly, whether or not they provide the information is anyone guess.

I have a rough idea of how many had graduated from the ATP hold pool into jobs but don't want to write anything down publicly as most people seem to take any 'rumour' read on this' rumour network' as hard fact.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by giggitygiggity; 27th Feb 2013 at 16:53.